Dr. Behera is a physician-scientist turned executive, with roles of increasing responsibility in clinical development and medical affairs across clinical, academic, and pharma/biotech sectors.
Currently, he provides strategic & operational advice & consulting to multiple pharma/biotech/device companies in the nuclear medicine/radiopharmaceutical industry with three primary areas of value proposition:
► Minimize time & cost in clinical development while achieving the necessary evidence for regulatory approval and reimbursement
► Product positioning for the healthcare market, product launches, and post-launch lifecycle management
► Evaluate the current status of technology and the best product-market-fit to maximize potential revenue
Summary of experience:
● 18+ years of broad experience across the pharmaceutical industry, academia, health tech, and clinical health care
● 12+ years of biomarker & molecular imaging translational research: from bench to bedside
● 12+ years of medical and scientific writing and presentations, including 20 conference presentations, 15+ journal articles and textbook chapters, and 10+ invited lectures
● 5+ years of educating physicians and scientists via lectures, CME talks, and grand rounds
Dr. Behera loves the challenge of balancing the structured world of medical and regulatory environments with the innovative realm of creating commercial value by not only identifying existing pathways but helping create, define and implement new medical and commercial paths. His goal is to nudge healthcare towards a better patient outcome, while at the same time generating value along the way for all stakeholders.
- Regulatory and clinical strategy for radiopharmaceutical companies in early to late clinical development, including FDA meetings and NDA submissions
- Building up medical affairs team and processes for a new radiopharmaceutical product launch
- Advising a start-up company seeking funding and incubator space
- Therapeutic drug companies using either proprietary or standard-of-care imaging for drug development.
- Generating medical intelligence for a CRO (contract research organization) to support business development activities
- Creating new applications and pathways for a medical device company’s product
- Advising an investment firm in scientific and clinical due diligence, including market segmentation and insights
Copyright © 2021 Medical Imaging Consultancy - All Rights Reserved.